New Year Style Resolutions 2013

New Year Style Resolutions 2013 [three_fourth]

{ pants, rings : colaba | necklace : sapphire | top, shoes : hill road | blazer : bought in london | bag : gift | belt : bought in dubai | cuff : gold and more jewellery | zipper bangle : youshine | sunnies : prada

Photography : Mehi Shah

If you’re reading this, rejoice. The word didn’t come to an end after all. (Take that, Mayans!) And now that we’ve dispelled that silly myth for good, perhaps it’s time to start looking forward. A fresh year lies ahead of you with endless style possibilities. Erase your fashion faux pas of the past and cleanse your wardrobe of anything less than fierce for the future. Here are the style resolutions on my clean slate to help you get started :

Always Stay Inspired
Browse through blogs, Polyvore and Pinterest or simply Google ‘street style’ to be in the know with all the latest trends. Staying inspired will help you put your style into perspective, recognize how bold you’re willing to get and will keep you on the lookout for similar items when you’re out shopping.
Banish the Uniform
We don’t make it obvious, but sometimes, bloggers fall into a rut, too. I’m a habitual offender when it comes to skinny jeans and blazers. Shake things up by showing a different piece in your wardrobe some love everyday.
Create Your Own Flavour
Develop your own personal style this year. To mark your progress, take a friend shopping half way through the year. If she picks out a piece and says “This is so you!” you’re on the right track. If not, it’s time to get more aggressive with your approach.
Expand Your Shopping Perimeter
I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, fashion snobs have no fun. If the store attendants at Zara know you by first name, it’s time for an intervention. The city is bursting with exciting places to shop within every budget. Roam the streets of Colaba, browse through indie Facebook stores or sample the treats at that boutique you’ve always driven past but never ventured into.
Identify Your Updates
You don’t need to break the bank each time the weather changes. Identify what the biggest trends are and incorporate 3-4 of them into your wardrobe. For example, a statement cuff like the one I’m wearing ticks the trend box, goes with everything and takes any look from day to night.

Cheat code : Shop smart by combining two trends. For example, emerald green (colour of the year) + oversized shirt (bang on trend) = emerald green oversized shirt.
Try Something You Wouldn’t
Challenge your styling abilities by picking something you’d never normally try and whipping it into a drool-provoking outfit. If you don’t have the heart to splurge on a crazy piece, just hit Bombay’s street store bank for outrageous pieces at throwaway prices.

Do you have a style resolution for 2013? Share it with me in the comments section!

Anushka xx

1. January 7, 2013 / 5:41 pm

I’m with you on the expanding the perimeter part. I love ‘discovering’ stuff on the streets.
    The cardigans I’ve been using to keep the cold at bay are all Hill Road finds.
    As for the stay inspired part, don’t even get me started. My Pinterest page has over 50 boards, and over 2000 pins!!

Btw I love the shoes! I have them in nude and purple. I was also going to get the red. But I controlled myself!

Roxanne
    head2heels-roxanne.blogspot.com

2. January 7, 2013 / 5:57 pm

Some of my style resolutions this year are to learn how to mix and match and layer pieces effortlessly. I also want to try and keep most of my outfits stylish. Stylish is my key word this year.

Hope the new year is treating you well thus far. I love the colors of your outfit as well as your jewellery. You have amazing pieces! Great photography too 🙂

Janey

3. January 7, 2013 / 6:22 pm

Love love love the pants! And you always have good fashion advice to give!

4. Anonymous
    January 7, 2013 / 6:34 pm

Where is the three finger gold ring from? 🙂

5. January 7, 2013 / 7:52 pm

My style (beauty) resolution 2013: Be daring with lip color and nail color!

6. shruti
    January 7, 2013 / 8:45 pm

I would change those shoes to black. Too many colours going on in the outfit.

7. January 8, 2013 / 2:21 am

Love your outfit! I picked up the same pair of heels from Hill Road! 🙂

8. January 8, 2013 / 5:41 am

Love the pants and your complete look! which shade of nail polish is that? I have an OPI ‘opening night’ that looks similar.. I am a nail polish lover and that is the first thing I notice 😉
    Also, where on Hill Road do you get awesome stuff always! Not that I have explored much in recent times… but love what you showcase so much that I should try soon! 😀

Happy New Year once more! Hoping to be more stylish than a mom with haphazard clothes and hair a big mess this year! :-p

9. Anonymous
    January 8, 2013 / 5:53 am

How do you manage to find such Awesome stuffs on street? I wonder why I haven’t been so lucky… 🙁

10. January 9, 2013 / 2:56 pm

Anushka, you look gorgeous! I am in love with this outfit.
    The blazer looks amazing on you.
    And I completely agree with you. Some of the quirkiest accessories are available on the Mumbai streets.

Much love