#OOTD Neon Pops + Blog Shoot Secrets

#OOTD Neon Pops + Blog Shoot Secrets [three_fourth]

{ pants : santacruz station road, top : borrowed from mom, jacket : bought in london, necklace : diy, cuff and bag : bought in dubai, shoes : christmas gift, ring : hill road, sunnies : prada minimal baroque }

Photography : Parizad D

Natural light, camera, action! My outfit shoots rarely go as smoothly as I’d like them to, but a few bumps along the road are always exciting. Unplanned guest appearances, spontaneous cardio sessions and unsolicited advice from helpful passersby seem to pepper each session with laughs.Though it isn’t always obvious, if you look beyond the veil of the pretty pictures and connect the dots, they always tell a story.

Here are a few behind the scenes secrets from this shoot :

•  I’m posing against a fresco depicting the Dutch invasion of Chennai that sparked quite the controversy back in 2007.
  •  I was too lazy to style my hair. This is what my natural, untouched hair looks like.
  • I bought these pants off the street for Rs.60.
  •  Parizad had to stand across the street to capture the full length shots or surrender her soul to the wrath of Mumbai traffic
  • A Naval officer chased us off before we were finished so we had to take the bag shots while we were running away!
  • I decided to pose without my sunglasses for a change on because i was worried people might think i was blind!

Do you have a funny fashion secret? Share it with me in the comments section.

1. May 18, 2012 / 1:47 pm

Hi 🙂

That is such a great back drop for an outfit post. It adds so much more life!
    Your hair is like that naturally!? My goodness you are so lucky! Those shoes are absolutely beautiful, I wish I could be gifted those (must remember to put shoes on gifts I will be accepting list) and you borrowed that top from your mum? well – I can see where you get your amazing style sense from! 🙂

Overall, this is such a gorgeous, bold outfit and i love it in its entirety!

2. May 18, 2012 / 2:09 pm

I need to go check out santacruz station road right away!!

3. May 18, 2012 / 2:22 pm

Gorgeous colour blocking, and those pants are such a steal. Adore!

Love, Miffalicious. [miffalicious.wordpress.com]

4. May 18, 2012 / 3:23 pm

Where in Santa Cruz? Gosh I visit that place so many times a month to buy my supplies and I’ve never come across something like that!!

5. May 18, 2012 / 5:16 pm

You look amazing! These colors look SO beautiful together.. 🙂 Keep such posts coming! 😀

xoxo!

6. May 18, 2012 / 6:27 pm

I’m sure none of us would dare think you’re blind. You wouldn’t have such great sense of colours and styling if you were 😛

7. May 18, 2012 / 8:00 pm

You always find the best places to take your pictures! And those pants..Rs 60..seriously? They’re gorgeous!

8. May 20, 2012 / 11:02 am

First of all….You look amazing even without styling your hair..and what those pants are for Rs.60..OMG I want to come back to India! I love the way you described behind the scenes….

9. May 21, 2012 / 12:49 am

I love the background in ur pics! And somebody should report this to the police – Rs 60 for these pants- highway robbery!! LOL! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

10. May 21, 2012 / 3:44 am

i don’t even get shorts to wear at home for 60 bucks..this is awesome..and the wall is so beautiful!

11. May 22, 2012 / 10:12 am

Wait. DID I HEAR RS 60? Omg. Lucky you! Oh and I love those pants! Your shades are pretty awesome too!

Love,
    Sonshu
    sonshus.blogspot.in

12. Anonymous
    May 25, 2012 / 4:18 am

Could you o do a post on the hourglass figure? I’m heavy both on the top and the bottom and i love your blog and I think only you can help me decide what is right for me to wear! Please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelppppp!

13. May 28, 2012 / 6:49 am

Hi Anushka,

Such a refreshing post, I love the shoot and glad you managed to capture it despite the naval officer chasing you 🙂 Your ensemble is befitting for this season, and I love the way you’ve played with pops of colour! Looking forward to you next post.

Much love, Namrata

14. May 30, 2012 / 4:27 pm

those pants! wow! <3
    you look beautiful! u have a lovely blog.welcome us as ur new followers!
    do visit us too, and follow back, if you like what you see 🙂
    the blog is a virtual birthday surprise for my bestie. would be glad if u could drop by ur wishes! she has been reading ur blog, and is quite fond of it 🙂

looking fwd to more posts from ur side!

thenotsogirlyblog.blogspot.in

15. June 1, 2012 / 10:20 am

I must say u have an awesome sense of fashion…been following for blog for some time now….but putting in a comment for the first time…i absolutely love the pants…. 🙂

16. June 8, 2012 / 2:13 am

Love the color-blocking in your outfit!

Thank you for being part of the StyleSaint community.

xo/Allison

17. June 16, 2012 / 6:50 pm

Beautiful color-blocking! And those pants are such a steal 😉
    Love it!

18. August 4, 2012 / 11:30 am

<3 all ur posts! Do tell me whch Camera u use in ur shoots! India looks lyk Foren ;) Nd also 60 Bucks!!! :-O in shock like d rest of d commentors :)

19. August 10, 2012 / 10:15 am

OMG that fun added by color blocking is superb… and jus 60 bucks :0 SO cheap…. loved the entire look :))

20. August 24, 2012 / 2:34 am

Wonderful photos!
    Rs. 60 pants!?
    Awesome combination!
    End result: You look great!