Trend On Trial – Faux Fur in Bombay

Trend On Trial – Faux Fur in Bombay [three_fourth]

Delighted at the encouraging response, I took her out again few days later. Only this time, to street shopping and a movie. As anticipated, everything that I had feared the first time round came true. Still, I soldiered on and re-wore her to a party a few nights later with a white dress, black tights, 6 inchers and sparkly bijoux where she had her shining moment.

{ jeggings : gift from mom, top : hill road, faux fur gilet : promod, booties : bought in london, bag : colaba, necklace and ring : gifts from nelly, sunnies : prada minimal baroque }

As per january tradition, I hit the sales with my girlfriends, a credit card and a vengeance this year. While they zeroed in on investment pieces and all-season basics, yours truly only had eyes for the rack of soft, sensual, luxurious faux fur way in the back of the store.

Standard shopaholic justifications of how i could carry it with me when i travel and how fur will always be ‘in’ ensued, but my friend dragged me out of the store declaring that i’d never be able to wear faux fur in Bombay.

Ever a lover of experimentation and shameless shock value, I took this as a challenge and went ahead and bought myself this gorgeous gilet. Paired with a basic tee and jeggings in a monochrome palette, nobody in the mall or at the restaurant after whispered, did a double take or smothered a giggle.

The verdict : If you’re a faint-hearted fur-lover, wear your fur where it’s fancy. ‘Nuff said.

Anusha

1. January 28, 2012 / 8:23 am

I was kinda skeptical about wearing fur in Mumbai too and I really wanted to get these fur booties from Zara but I changed my mind..but I love your fur vest ..so chic!! And that bag is so Zooey Deschanel a la New girl!! Can’t believe that you got it from Colaba!! so cute!! <33

2. January 31, 2012 / 8:50 am

Hotnesss!!!
    I lurrve the outfit! 😀
    It’s so laid back yet so stylish! And looks so comfortable! 😀

3. February 2, 2012 / 7:42 pm

Come to Delhi girl! And let’s strut our furs together! 🙂
    Lovely outfit as always!
    X. Japna

4. February 3, 2012 / 9:36 pm

I’m not a very big fur lover..but it does look nice paired with your red booties!

February 26, 2012 / 5:38 pm

Natasha : Thanks so much Natasha!

Pearl : Go for it! Call me if you need company. And thanks for all the kind words 🙂

Incessant Confuzzlement : Aw thanks Nimi!

Ahmedadbadonnet : Thankyou

Style Delights : Thanks so much. Glad you liked it!

February 26, 2012 / 5:39 pm

Whats Cookin Goodlookin : Haha so tempting! Will one day! 🙂

Sayantani : Thanks! 🙂

Eccentric Coinnoisseur : Aw thanks that’s so sweet!