#TrendReport Monochrome Print Clash

#TrendReport Monochrome Print Clash [three_fourth]

Gucci Resort 2012 – Numéro Tokyo Jan/Feb { Image Source : touchpuppet }

Give me a choice and I’d pick a print clash over a colour block in a heartbeat! There’s something about the crazy mash-up of prints, unified by a monochromatic colour palette that leaves me feeling like there’s a method to my own madness.

Sadly, I often tend to get lazy, teaming a rather generic polka dot with an equally vanilla stripe. My awakening came in the form of Numero Tokyo’s Gucci resort editorial. I’m beyond inspired by their effortless fusion of animal prints, baroques, florals and stripes contrasted with neon makeup and slicked back hair. Perfection in print.

What’s inspiring you this year? Share your biggest inspiration in the comments section!

1. Tanvi
    January 5, 2012 / 2:29 am

Love the first shot!

♡ from © tanvii.com

2. January 5, 2012 / 8:52 am

I really like the second one, and love the third ! but I’ve never really tried wearing prints :i , now I’m going to give it a shot , sometime. haha 🙂

3. January 5, 2012 / 9:51 am

hahahaa… love the title…. and the skirt….

4. January 8, 2012 / 5:12 am

This looks great. I have seen many black and white combinations in stores, specially skirts that look fabulous with frills. The pictures look amazing and the prints are just mesmerizing.

Divya Bhaskar
    MyGrahak.com

5. January 19, 2012 / 10:09 am

black and white combo is classic

6. January 21, 2012 / 12:28 pm

Hello!
    Love the 2nd image!
    Today is Sugar Lane first anniversary and I would like to thank you all with a especial post! Drop by and leave a comment 😉
    Kisses from Spain,
    S

February 26, 2012 / 5:34 pm

Tanvi : Me too! So dramatic 😀

Khushboo : You really should! 🙂

Panorama : Why, thankyou! 🙂

Vasim : Thankyou so much! 🙂

MyGrahak : Thanks. I’m glad you were as inspired as I was.

February 26, 2012 / 5:36 pm

Varsha : Totally agree with you.

Roses : Isn’t it? So in love with these.

Sugar Lane : Thanks!