#OOTD Parrot Pants

#OOTD Parrot Pants [three_fourth]

{ pants : vintage,jacket : vintage, striped t-shirt : hill road, shoes : aldo, retro radio bag : bought in spain, bangles : gift, watch : crawford market, charm bracelet : eternia, ring : colaba sunnies : prada minimal baroque }

Everybody has an addiction. A guilty pleasure that helps get them through the day. My little substance abuse problem is vintage clothing. Stage an intervention or call in VA, my mania runs so deep that it’s taken over more than half my closet and I won’t leave home till I have at leastΒ somethingΒ vintage on!

Almost like insurance, I seek solace in knowing that I own something so original and unique that i’ll never encounter another girl showing up in the same cookie cutter dress from a local high street store.Β Β Adrenaline rushes through me when I think that each piece probably has a history. A colourful past made up of fabulous previous owners and their doting admirers. And I love how each piece reminds me of how it came into my possession during my travels.

Maybe I’m in denial, but I feel as if giving these once neglected numbers a new lease on life is kind of like recycling. Beautiful, one of a kind and eco friendly = a definite win-win, non?

Am I just a hopeless addict or did some of that make sense to anybody besides me? Share your thoughts in the comment section!

1. Tanvi
    October 3, 2011 / 9:07 pm

Looking chic babes! πŸ™‚

β™‘ from Β© tanvii.com

2. October 3, 2011 / 9:01 pm

woah .. neat bag ..

3. October 3, 2011 / 10:38 pm

Just found your blog via Indian Fashion Bloggers! This look is ridiculously cute, I especially love the green pants and the bag is amazing.
    I absolutely love vintage clothes as well. There is just so much history and originality in every garment.

4. October 4, 2011 / 3:25 am

love this look! the green really gives a nice pop to the outfit… thats a killer jacket btw :):)
    you look fabulous!

5. October 4, 2011 / 7:07 am

the best thing about the look is that not only does it look chic and classy, but you can actually wear it in a city like mumbai..to college, movies or brunch πŸ™‚

6. October 4, 2011 / 4:14 pm

Vintage, thrifted, or done myself…I’m willing to go the extra mile. It’s a nightmare running into someone wearing the exact same thing as you… knowing far too well where and how you got it!
    Picking up something vintage or thrifted also has this sense of achievement..of knowing that you’ve got something no one else can have! Us women.. we like exclusivity! Oui?

7. October 6, 2011 / 6:07 am

Love the look!! Vintage trumps mass made clothes anyday.Where do you find vintage clothes in Mumbai?? Mine are hand me downs from my mum & aunt πŸ™‚

October 6, 2011 / 8:58 am

Joel : Thanks! πŸ™‚

Tanvi : Thanks so much! πŸ˜€

Emi. P : Thanks! Glad you like it!

Raj : Aww thanks so much! Means a lot! πŸ™‚

A, J and S : Thanks! πŸ™‚ I wanted to try something a little different πŸ™‚

October 6, 2011 / 9:01 am

Jahn : Thankyou so so much! πŸ™‚

Pinkstruck : Haha yeah I agree. I actually wore it while I was shopping after this shoot! πŸ™‚

Twenty Somethings : Thankyou!

Japna : You took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn’t agree more! πŸ˜€

Pearl : Lucky you! I wish my mom and aunts gave me cool vintage stuff. As far as I know, you don’t really get any vintage in Bombay which is why I shop in bulk when I travel πŸ™‚

10. October 16, 2011 / 1:14 pm

Well, honestly the combo looks just a touch over the top but then wasn’t vintage almost always about that!! I’m no fashionista, so pls feel free to ignore my comments if they don’t make sense πŸ™‚

October 20, 2011 / 11:29 am

Ashutosh : Of course they make sense! I always appreciate another person’s point of view if they’re being genuine and nice about it πŸ™‚ I see what you mean, though. OTT isn’t everyone’s style, but I’m so OTT myself with everything I do, that it just feels natural for me! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

12. Anonymous
    November 16, 2011 / 1:43 pm

Hi Anushka..I’m new to Mumbai..Just started following ur blog since yesterday..Its fabulous..Wanted to know where is Vintage?? It seems to have really nice stuff. Thanks

November 21, 2011 / 7:51 pm

Anonymous : Welcome to Bombay! πŸ™‚ ‘Vintage’ isn’t a particular store. They’re just interesting old clothes I’ve picked up during my travels! πŸ™‚

14. December 19, 2011 / 8:58 am

hey! i loved ur blog! just started to browse thru today!
    are there any good vintage stores in bbay?
    I’ve looked a bit, didnt find anything!
    can you help me out? πŸ™‚

15. January 28, 2012 / 11:21 am

whoa!!!!! where do you get your vintage stuff???? (please share, i’m exactly like you!!!) -Henna