#OOTD Pretending We’re In Paris

#OOTD Pretending We’re In Paris [three_fourth]

{ skirt : zara, shirt : mom’s closet, jacket : bought in london, shoes : christmas gift, bag : french connection, belt : lifestyle, bangles : gift, necklace : colaba, sunnies : prada minimal baroque }

Feeling a tad stifled about being stationed in Bombay for months now, I’m itching for some travel and adventure!
Sadly, thanks to work commitments and budget constraints, I was forced to get creative and improvise, even if it is like a weak nicotine patch to an otherwise vociferous cigarette craving.

My quick fix is to pretend. I grabbed hold of a girlfriend and set out with the sole intention of being whoever I wanted to be. We went on a walking tour of Ballard Estate in stilettos, feeling like the effortlessly chic Milanese women who walk around with little dogs. Next, we attended a photo exhibition, chanelling the local Parisians who frequent little art galleries in the alleyways of St. Germain.

We ended our fantasy excursion at a quaint little bakery, equivalent of a bäckerei in Munich where we sampled sugary treats and left with apple pie takeaways – the sweetest reminders of our little trip round the world.

Have you ever pretended to be somebody else? Share your story in the comments section!

1. September 28, 2011 / 4:21 pm

Interesting post and fabulous shoes Anushka ! =)
    Where from?

2. September 28, 2011 / 4:28 pm

I might have to take an improvised vacation soon! I’ve been craving for a holiday since i-dont-know-how-long but thanks to work am stuck :/

i like what you wore on your little excursion! Grey and red.. love it!

3. September 28, 2011 / 6:17 pm

I’m craving for a vacation too.. hope it happens soon!!

that’s a lovely outfit!

4. September 29, 2011 / 10:24 am

hey anushka..thanks for showing all of us how to get ur gr8 vaccay even when u r stuck @ work…I totally adore your bangles..have been lookin for such since long..plz lemme knw wr wil i get such ones
    xoxo
    Chic Accessorizer

5. September 30, 2011 / 2:36 pm

i’m sure u had fun! and u look really chic!

October 2, 2011 / 9:24 pm

Simin : Thankyou! Check the bottom of each outfit post for outfit details 🙂

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue : Thanks so much! I know the feeling!

Jahn n Style : Thanks! I hope you get it real soon!

Chic Accessorizer : Thankyou so much! My mom got these for me!

Sugar Lane : I did! Thankyou so much 😀

7. Rittika
    October 3, 2011 / 7:49 pm

love it nush! and yeah looking at you makes me want to roam the streets of paris …

October 3, 2011 / 9:35 pm