#OOTD Theory of Evolution

#OOTD Theory of Evolution [three_fourth]

{ pants : santacruz stattion road, shirt : bought in san juan (spain), bag : french connection, belt : lifestyle, shoes : random shoe store in bandra, necklace : aldo accessories, sunnies : prada minimal baroque, ring and cuff : hill road }

a year ago, i’d never have dreamed of walking around colaba in hippie-esque pajyama pants that i bought for a song or, god forbid, a mustard yellow shirt! but then again, a year ago, i didn’t have a blog.

i love how blogging has made me open my mind to a whole new world of people and possibilities. the constant hunger for fresh content has made me experiment with new styles and break out of the box in more ways than i ever imagined possible.

so now, when people ask me to define my style, my answer is a little more complex than just ‘boho luxe’ or ‘girly glam’. you see, my philosophies on style and spirituality aren’t dissimilar. i can’t seem to be dogmatic with either. instead, for me, both are lifelong journeys. your ideas constantly evolve and it’s difficult to define exactly how you feel. ultimately, it’s about discovering yourself in this seemingly endless quest, and learning to be content with what you find along the way.

right now, though, i’ve never been happier being lost. 🙂

what do you think? share your thoughts with me in the comments section!

also, a big thankyou to my lovely friend sharanya for taking these pictures! it felt soooo good to see you after all this time! bas! move back to bombay now!

1. August 26, 2011 / 9:08 pm

Love It =) For the Writing To The Out Fit. Love!

2. August 27, 2011 / 1:30 am

Those pants are super chic esp with the yellow/mustardy top

3. August 27, 2011 / 5:32 am

You look amazing here.I love love love those pants Nush :-*

Where can i get those pants?Any particular store?

4. August 27, 2011 / 3:03 pm

Am not THAT confident yet! Style-blogging is still kinda new to me so am playing safe!
    But i absolutely love your look!

5. August 27, 2011 / 3:36 pm

Fantastic outfit! & love that ring!

6. August 27, 2011 / 11:46 pm

Super cute outfit…btw I’m rather new to ur blog, gotta say I love ur style :)x

7. Rachel
    August 28, 2011 / 9:55 am

Great put together of colors, love the photographers point of view in this photo, love the antique jewellry and the wild semi curly hair does the thing!

8. Tanvi
    August 29, 2011 / 3:47 pm

ABSOLUTELY LovEEE the 3rd shot Nushh!!! Looking Great as always 😀

♡ from © tanvii.com

9. August 31, 2011 / 2:36 pm

Loved the mustard and yellow combo…and u said it right, blogging certainly made me more brave than I was and am sure it has brought the better in others too!!!

10. frenchleaveblog
    September 1, 2011 / 9:49 pm

The colour of your shirt is lovely and the Red Indian ring is so quirky!

11. September 22, 2011 / 5:48 pm

🙂 its not always easy to get it right.

12. September 28, 2011 / 3:44 pm

i just love your look here! 🙂

October 2, 2011 / 9:30 pm

Aakriti : Thanks so so much! 😀

Moroccan Fashion Diary : Thankyou! 😀

Raey : Thanks! 🙂

Marley Simone : I thought I was the only one who thought they’d be chic! Glad I’m not alone! Thanks!

Gia : Thanks, doll! I got them from a street guy near Santacruz station. One of those really random thrift one-offs.

October 2, 2011 / 9:32 pm

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue : Thanks! Take your time. No rush.Grow into it when you’re ready 🙂

Suni : Welcome and thanks so much! 😀

Rachel : Thanks so much, hon! Means a lot 😀

Tanvi : Thanks, love! So glad you like it 😀

Lipsy : Thanks so much. I really do believe that 🙂

October 2, 2011 / 9:33 pm

Frenchleaveblog : Aww thankyou! So sweet 🙂

Shraddha : I’m not sure if that means I did get it right or i didn’t. But thanks for taking the time to comment 🙂

IcingOnTop : Thanks Yushi! :-*

October 3, 2011 / 9:36 pm

Fictitious Fashion : Thanks so much!:D

November 12, 2011 / 5:14 am

Marmarvintage : Thanks so much!

18. December 6, 2012 / 6:56 am

Hi… I am new to your blog. I am a stay-at-home mom. I got here just checking out how to “accessorize” my new Prada Baroque glasses (lol). Love your style! 🙂 And just when I was beginning to think,I was getting too old, you drew me back ;-). Where on Santacruz station road do you get such awesome pants!!? I would love to know! Though I stay in Malad; I would absolutely love to get one of these to team with anything I have!!

Thanks… I’d appreciate a reply!
    Smita