#TrendAlert Monsoon Rainspiration

#TrendAlert Monsoon Rainspiration [three_fourth]

{ elle italia, april 2011 } { image courtesy : the magnet agency }

{leighton meester on the set of gossip girl season 4 } { image courtesy : 2.bp }

{ elle us march 2011 } { image courtesy : obsessee }

{ elle italia april 2011} { image courtesy : the magnet agency }

{ carrie bradshaw in paris } { image courtesy : hbo }

[/three_fourth]

[one_fourth_last] { elle italia april 2011} { image courtesy : the magnet agency }

okay i promised myself i wouldn’t bombard you all with more monsoon posts but these days it seems like every plan i make revolves around flooding and bad hair days. with humidity, floods and mud always trying to put a damper on things, we need all the inspiration we can to dress chic, agreed?

i’ve been creating moodboards of inspirational images at the start of summer and fall forΒ agesΒ but it never struck me to make one for the monsoon, till today.as you can see, clear everything works this year, from trenches to wellies and umbrellas. also, pops of colour pack a punch on a gloomy day while layering prints keep you snug when it gets chilly.

so here you have it, ladies and gents, my 2011 ‘rainspiration’. and, yes, the word is made up.

i hope you guys are as inspired by these images as i was. if you want to share your own inspiration with me, drop me a comment or an email!

{ p.s : my computer is misbehaving bigtime so i may not post for a few days till the problem is sorted out. bear with me, please. }

1. Dora
    June 11, 2011 / 3:40 pm

I love the transparent umbrellas and I also love Carrie’s red one πŸ™‚

2. June 11, 2011 / 4:44 pm

Monsoon is a pain.BAD HAIR DAYS,I cannot carry the usual bags i carry.Same goes with the footwear.It feels good to sit at home and sip some tea ! πŸ˜€
    Great photos!

3. June 12, 2011 / 4:52 am

Lovely images! I love the rains and there’s nothing like a bright color to brighten up the grey skies. Among all the photos, I don’t think much of Carrie Bradshaw but I love what she’s wearing! Thanks for sharing.

June 12, 2011 / 6:14 am

Dora : Me too! Must have both!

Giasaysthat : I know EXACTLY how you feel!

A Lot Like Fashion : I know the feeling! I got inspired, too! πŸ™‚

Rain Girl : Anytime! I’m glad you liked them! πŸ™‚

June 15, 2011 / 7:38 am

Jewelry Bijou : Thankyou! πŸ™‚

Streak Hue Fall : Thanks Kavya! πŸ™‚

6. June 15, 2011 / 7:17 pm

love this post, i really enjoy carrying an umbrella, and the pics are soooo chic!

7. June 16, 2011 / 1:27 pm

@Anushka:
    Do you know I have this huge transparent umbrella which I painted last year?! It’s so big that you really don’t get wet once you are under it. Irony is, I can’t carry it around to college, as it’s HUGE and nosy aunties in train complain about big umbrellas!
    Pwetty photos :-*