#OOTD + Sale Season Shopping Tips

#OOTD + Sale Season Shopping Tips [three_fourth]

call it sisterhood, but i decided to put together a few helpful guidelines on dressing for sale season, just in case things get a little messy!

DO:
(1) wear flats! there will be a LOT of walking and standing in line for trial rooms.
(2) carry a small handbag. shopping bags tend to get heavy!
(3) wear a simple top. it’ll go with almost everything you try on. (i screwed this one up!)

DON’T:
(1) wear tight jeans! they’re not always easy to get on and off. opt for a skirt instead.
(2) wear too many layers.you don’t want to forget your favourite scarf in a trial room!
(3) over accessorize! trinkets often fall/break/ get lost in the hustle of trying on clothes.

pumped on coffee,ย adrenalineย and the hope of finding the perfect cocktail dress on a budget, my two oldest girlfriends and i set out to scour the city’s sales for the hottest deals.

i expected to report back with tales of tears, joy and hair pulling, but alas, it turns out that a lot of the sales haven’t even started yet! bummer!

{ dress : hippies, blazer : vintage, stockings : le bijou, shoes : christmas gift/trios, bag : colaba, necklace : colaba, bangles : accessorize )

what useful tips help get you through sale season? share them with me in the comments section!

1. December 30, 2010 / 4:16 pm

I love your blog too. Your beautiful and super stylish.

December 30, 2010 / 4:21 pm

Imogen: Awwww! That’s so sweet! Thankyou! You just made my day!

3. December 30, 2010 / 5:28 pm

I love the slightly oversized blazer with this, lady! Very cute!

You’re so right about the flats. The only problem I find with wearing a skirt or dress rather than jeans is that if I try on a top, sometimes I really want to see how it’ll hang when paired with jeans.

I just can’t win! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. December 30, 2010 / 6:58 pm

super!! i love it!

lacesocks.blogspot.com

5. December 30, 2010 / 8:17 pm

Love the dress and your bag with the right pop of color. We have sales all round the year in US under some pretext or the other.

I am all for flats.

December 31, 2010 / 5:03 am

Massom: Actually, I decided to wear stockings because (1) You don’t have to slip them on or off. If you’re trying a skirt or shorts, you can just slip them on over and see how they look with them.
    (2) if you’re trying shoes, you can see how your shoes fit with a pair of socks /stockings on cos sometimes when u buy em and bring em home, they’re too tight with stockings.
    (3) I wasn’t looking for jeans yesterday so I figured i could get away with it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

December 31, 2010 / 5:03 am

Sophie: Thankyou! ๐Ÿ™‚

Geeta: Thanks so much!

December 31, 2010 / 5:27 am

Playing Hooksies! : Oops! I almost didn’t see your comment! Hmmm…interesting thought about the jeans! I never thought about it that way! Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. December 31, 2010 / 8:33 am

i love the floral dress n shoes..tres chic!! ๐Ÿ™‚

December 31, 2010 / 8:48 am

Raey: Thanks so much. That’s so sweet ๐Ÿ™‚

11. January 5, 2011 / 4:58 am

My favourite outfit of yours so far. Love the red-green mix up!!!!

January 5, 2011 / 5:03 am

Panorama : Thanks babe! xx

13. December 4, 2011 / 7:36 pm

Unfortunately the sale season in UK is Christmas time when its pretty cold as well. I hate to put on and off that overcoat so many time while trying stuff..Some times does take your mood &energy away..